Thursday, June 25, 2009

June 11, 2009 - Living For Jesus is Fun

YES! I am alive. I am just BEHIND. Way behind. :) I took kids to their bus liason to youth camp and came back with a rotten summer cold. Then, when almost over that, went to Redding/Sacramento - and was hit by severe allergies. It was yuck :)

SO, on June 11, we made caramel from sweetened condensed milk - because we found it close dated on sale 4/$1 - and bought a case. Now - if you want caramel SAUCE - you put it in a pan, cover it with water, and boil/simmer for 3 hours - KEEPING IT COVERED WITH WATER!! If you don't keep it covered, the cans will EXPLODE and you will have a giant (not to mention dangerous) mess on your hands.

You should all know by now that following directions is not my strong suit. NO, I didn't blow it up. I put it in the pressure cooker (because then I knew they would stay covered and NOT blow up). But I still cooked it 2.5 hours - so I don't have caramel SAUCE, I have caramel SPREAD - and it's FANTASTIC :)

No comments: