Wednesday, January 28, 2009

January 28, 2009 - Living For Jesus is FUN

Everyone needs a 6-year-old artist in their home. Really, everyone. There would be no such thing as a gray day...

Today, Ruby was scraping the paint off of her palette (okay, salad plate)(acrylic paints are her new thing, because I had a box of them) and she brought it to me all excited...

"MOMMY! I made a Chinese person in my dried paint scrape off!!" (now, these are her words, so even though I'd like to change it to, *I made the shape of an Asian person in the area I scraped out of the dried paint* - I can't, because that's not what she said and she would be angry).

"A Chinese person with hair or a chicken or something! The Chinese person has their hair curled up like you always put your hair up or something!"

WHERE DOES SHE COME UP WITH THIS STUFF?? She's creative like her mother I suppose. When I was in 4th grade (i think) I won some award for creativity and a big spider came and handed me the award and kissed me on the cheek (okay, it was a person wearing a spider costume, no clue why - it was a T.A.G. competition thing).

Anyhow, loosely translated, she sees the shape of an Asian head with a top knot in her plate. She's still pursuing art, by the way, and I am so thankful they don't mind shopping at Goodwill because I would probably be livid if I'd paid more than $2 for her painted attire. Neatness isn't her strong suit, again, she takes after her mother :D


No comments: