Sunday, January 10, 2010

August 10, 2010 - A pretty chill day...except for my chonies in the driveway


Alrighty, for starters, we slept in after Kadi's birthday celebrating last night that got us home SUPER late. We hit Senor Frogs, then a couple other places in Waikiki - and I'm not too old, but it was WAY TOO NOISY!! Crazy. We slept until...well, I slept until 8 here, but didn't get up until 9. Then we just lounged most of the day, made Ginger wear Kadi's balloon hat, and got ready to go to to David's Bridal shop so Kadi could try on her maid of honor dress so they could order the correct color and size and make sure there would be time for alterations if necessary.

On the way to the car to go to David's...I found my chonies lying in the parking lot - apparently my rolled up bundle of wet clothing lost something on the way from the car to the house and there they were, scandalous as ever, my unders right there in the parking lot behind the car. How utterly embarrassing. They had been in the rain all night and were even wetter than they had started out. Tossed into back of SUV and moved on to David's Bridal shop and I promised to not lose any more of my delicates in public.

Right in the door, I saw this dress - and thought it was the most adorable thing I had ever seen. No, it's not modest, but it is darling and we made Kadi try it on and thought it looked darling on her.

Then THEY made me try on dresses...and dear me...the only modest apparel that shop sells is for OLD PEOPLE - so we won't post most of the photos of me because they are scandalously immodest but were good for a laugh with the girls :D Here is the skirt of the dress that was most scandalous (imho) that my sisters loved :)

Then off to the Marine base, where we barely made it to the commissary to shop before they closed, so we could get snacks for out boating trip tomorrow...and tomorrow, we fish. Early too. Hope I sleep well :o)

No comments: